My Books!

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors: Never Trust a Pretty Wolf

Welcome to Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors. Today we'll continue to share excerpts from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. On Sunday when you finish here, do go to http://www.wewriwa.blogspot.com for more excerpts from a bunch of great authors.

Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.



Excerpt: 
Chapter One

Last Week



This week: We're in Andy's POV. He speaks first.

10 comments:

  1. That seven hours is going to seem like seventy with this wonderful conversationalist! Poor guy! She'd better have a good reason for being such a killjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two are so awkward together...so far! Interesting snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. Poor Andy. Ever hopeful, until he's not. But he'll be back to hoping again soon. I really enjoyed this snippet--well, the whole story so far. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a long time for them to be stuck together. I hope things get better between them. Otherwise, I think she might leave him on the side of the road somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very awkward combination. But from his thoughts I wonder if he was expecting more than he had any right to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this snippet! I'm actually from Petersburg, so I know exactly where they are on I-85, and I lived across the road from that battlefield my whole life until I went to school. Made this excerpt very vivid for me. So sad she won't let herself be pulled into the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7 more hours??? This is some kind of geo-cacheing. Do they really go that far out? If so, this is going to be one quiet trip. That's too bad. It would be a good time to get to know each other. But then, obviously she doesn't want that. So... why did she sign up for it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It'll be interesting to see whether she can keep up the bristly facade for seven more hours. Exhaustion might mellow her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It'll be interesting to see whether she can keep up the bristly facade for seven more hours. Exhaustion might mellow her.

    ReplyDelete