My Books!

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors



Welcome to Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors. Today we'll continue to share excerpts from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. On Sunday when you finish here, do go to http://www.wewriwa.blogspot.com for more excerpts from a bunch of great authors.

Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.



Excerpt: 
Chapter One

Last Week


After fifteen more minutes of hard climbing, the GPS told them they had arrived. “I don’t see anything promising,” Liesel said as she looked around the small clearing indicated by the GPS.

“Maybe we have to dig. I don’t see a rock or tree it could be hidden in.”

“We’re in a forest, Andy. Look around you. I see plenty of trees.”

Andy tried to hide it, but she saw his shoulders tense and knew she had irritated him. “The GPS narrows down the search area, Liesel. I think you’ll have to admit there are no rocks or trees within a fifteen foot radius of the coordinates.”

This week: I've picked up where we left off last week.

8 comments:

  1. Just wondering if they looked up into the trees . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they find what they're looking for soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a physically uncomfortable scene. After this past summer, it's easy to feel what they're feeling! Nice writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, interesting the next clue or item is so hard to find in this place. Makes me wonder if they got the directions wrong, or??? Enjoying the story, effective snippet to keep us guessing (and reading LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope the prize they're after is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can almost feel the bites of gnats and mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the hard part of geocaching--some of these things you simply cannot find! I wonder if they're going to admit defeat? Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was never a fan of geocaching and this reminds me why. They seem to be quite the problem solvers though, hopefully they'll find what they're looking for!

    ReplyDelete