My Books!

Saturday, December 4, 2021

Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors


 Welcome to Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors. Today I'm sharing  excerpts from Return Engagement, my first book about the Lovinggood family. I've already shared some of the first part so I'll be doing a little jumping around. First a blurb, then that excerpt. Oh, and on Sunday when you finish here go to www.wewriwa.blogspot.com for more excerpts from a talented group of authors.

Blurb:

Elizabeth Lane is one lucky woman. She has it all-money, fame, a satisfying career and a devoted fiancé. Her humble beginnings are all but obscured, but she isn't the kind of woman Senator Henry Lovinggood wants for his son, Richard. Senator Lovinggood plans to make Richard the President of the United States; he'll need a woman from a wealthy, powerful family by his side. Ten years ago the senator broke Richard and Elizabeth up, but this time it won't be so easy, for Elizabeth wants to know what might have been. This time she'll fight back, a struggle which ultimately leads to kidnapping and attempted murder and alienates her from the man of her dreams.


Last Weeks Excerpt:

Cathy studied the picture herself. “You know, I suppose I could have been wrong about him. I guess he might really love you, Elizabeth. After all, you’re a beautiful, vibrant woman. Why wouldn’t he fall in love with you? He did a wonderful thing for you today, so why don’t you call him and ask him to come over? He’s probably waiting by the phone for you right this minute.”

“I thought you and Mother wanted me to marry Alex,” Elizabeth objected. “Why are the two of you telling me to call Richard? Yes, this is romantic, but it doesn’t change anything . ”

Cathy passed the picture back to her. “Maybe not, but you need to see him. If nothing else you owe him a sense of closure. He’s your husband, and it isn’t fair to leave every- thing hanging this way. If you don’t want him, you need to tell him so he can get over you and move on with his life. And don’t forget that if you saw him you might decide you love him too much to lose him. Don’t get Alex’s hopes up if you’re eventually going back to Richard.”

Mrs. Lane quickly stepped in. “I agree. Do what she says, Elizabeth. ”


This week's excerpt:

I don’t know what to do,” she cried. “Sometimes I ache to see Richard. I think about his smile, and it makes me feel warm inside. I think about the funny things he’ll say, and it makes me laugh. Sometimes I think about his hands. He has such a gentle touch.” Elizabeth paused and her voice went soft and dreamy. “But most of all, I think about how he looks at me. He looks at me with his heart in his eyes, and I see that...

“Last night Alex asked me to marry him. What am I going to do about that?”

“Nothing,” exclaimed Mrs. Lane a trifle too loudly. “You’re obviously not in any shape to make a decision like that. Don’t you dare make any sort of commitment to Alex, not until you’ve seen Richard anyway.”

Available at http://amzn.to/1SMhEEk

7 comments:

  1. She's definitely got herself into quite the situation. And one of these men is going to end up hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree she's not in a place to make a sound decision! Enjoyed the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that she's dithering over what to do means it's not an easy question. That alone should tell her she needs to sort things out with Richard first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very good advice and I hope Elizabeth takes it. She'd be a fool not to, as she clearly still has feelings for Richard. Great snippet! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly right. No way should she make a decision right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great excerpt! It seems she should take everyone's advice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. الدكتور أحمد عبد السلام متخصص معروف في مجال بالون المعدة. في عيادته ، يقدم بعضاً من أفضل اسعار عملية بالون المعدة في مصر لديه فريق من المهنيين ذوي الخبرة والمعتمدين الذين هم على دراية جيدة في تقديم خدمات عالية الجودة لضمان حصول عملائه على رعاية عالية الجودة. يحرص الدكتور عبد السلام أيضًا على توفير بيئة آمنة ومريحة لمرضاه ، بأحدث المعدات والتقنيات لضمان أفضل النتائج.

    ReplyDelete