My Books!

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Beyond the Book: Seasons of Life

“At some point in your past, was there a year – or a significant period of time – that you consider your “favorite” time (or, at least, one of your favorites)? What was going on?” 

When I first saw this topic I thought, “Oh, that’ll be easy,”, but you know something? It isn’t. In every season of my life there have been wonderful, thrilling things going on, and at the same time some things weren’t perfect. So, how do you decide?

I had a magical childhood. It would be very easy to say that was the best time of my life. I loved school and had a great many good friends. We’d spend the night with each other and giggle all night. I also had a large extended family with plenty of cousins to play with. My cousin Margaret would spend every Saturday night with us and go to church with us the next day. Oh, we had fun. And in the fifth grade my parents gave me a horse for Christmas. Such magic! I had many great adventures with that horse. I still kind of miss her even today. 

My high school years were nice in many ways, but there’s such a lot of teenage angst to deal with. However, I met my husband the summer after I graduated from high school. I don’t know how or why, but I took one look at him and knew that in some fashion we had a future together. I still think about that moment sometimes. Anyway, we were married three years later after we both graduated from college. We had a good life together, and we’re still enjoying ourselves.

One of the best times ever was when my children were born. I didn’t work until my younger son started kindergarten so I was blessed to be there for many milestones in their lives. If it were possible, I’d turn back time and spend a while with my precious babies. 

Another milestone in my life happened when I started writing. I can’t tell you what fun it was to write. I never saw it as anything but remarkable. I had always wanted to write, and now I was really doing it. I’ve spent many enjoyable hours with my books. 

I’ve also spent many enjoyable hours with my grandchildren. They’re all very different, and I love them so much. 

Reading back over this post, it struck me that I left out so many things! How could I not? I’m no spring chicken, and it’s impossible to write down everything. I also find that it’s impossible to choose which time in my life was best. Each season had so very much to offer, and you’ll notice I remembered the good parts more than any negatives. Overall, I’ve had a good life. 

But if you want just one memory I’d have to say that the best moment was when I met my future husband. So many things I cherish would not have been possible without him by my side. 

Do you have a favorite season or moment of your life? We’d love to hear about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment