My Books!

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday Sample: The Captain and the Cheerleader


Welcome to Saturday Sample. For the past few weeks I've been sharing excerpts from my latest release The Captain and the Cheerleader. Here's a blurb so you'll know what the book is about.Buy Link: http://amzn.to/1iyLjRB

Blurb:

Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

We're picking up where we left off last week if you'd like to reread to remind yourself what's going on, but in short, Susan gave Kurt a football play that won a game for him. The next morning the girl Kurt's dating called and said she can't go to a party with him. Since the relationship isn't serious, he wonders if it would be okay to ask Susan to go with him.

EXCERPT:

He’d looked forward to the party, but going without a date probably wouldn’t be as much fun. As he sipped his coffee, he had an idea. Why not ask Susan to go with him? Aleisha and I aren’t engaged or anything, and if Susan went with me I could ask her about that play.

No, I can’t do that. It might make Aleisha mad even though I know she went out with Brent Stephens a couple of weeks ago. Brent made a big point of telling me when I saw him at the football jamboree.

Uh oh. What if he and Susan didn’t get along? It might be awkward to work with her if they didn’t hit it off.

Okay, he’d wash his car and forget about it. His life suited him just find. Who needed complications? He’d ask Susan about the play the next time he saw her at school. 


Do you believe he'll just wash his car and forget about Susan? No, I don't either.

Buy Link: http://amzn.to/1iyLjRB

2 comments:

  1. Uh! Susan came so close to getting her date with Kurt. She would have won the bet and it would be over.

    But this does make for a much better story. lol.

    I like this story!

    Elaine, the white box around the excerpt made me wonder where the excerpt ended. I'm assuming after this 10th sentence: " It might be awkward to work with her if they didn’t hit it off. "

    Just wanted to clarify in case anyone else questioned it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's where it ended. I can't get the silly box to go away for some reason. Don't count Susan out yet.

    ReplyDelete