My Books!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Saturday Sample

Welcome to Saturday Sample. We've had an ice storm here, and I can't get to things on my computer, but I'll do the best I can.  I've been sharing excerpts from The Captain and the Cheerleader, and I'll pick up where we left off last week. The book got a five star review yesterday that made my day. I'd give you the Amazon link, but my IPad barely has any battery left. Okay, here we go.

Kurt's call came around lunchtime on Saturday. Susan had been waiting since nine, but when she answered the phone she tried to sound surprised to hear from him

"Susan, it's Kurt Deveraux. I was calling to thank you for your help last night. Without your help, we would have lost."

"Oh, you're welcome. I was glad I could do something. I like to see the Mavericks win." Susan bit her lip to keep from laughing. Bet anything she knew where this was going.

"Yeah, I've seen you at a couple of games," has said. "I know it's short notice, but if you aren't busy tonight, I'd really enjoy it if you'd go to a party with me."


And just like that she gets her date. You knew she would, right? We'll pick up here next time.

Blurb:

Susan English can't stand Robin Lanford! She's so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can't get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.


2 comments:

  1. Just lovely. Books right now have too many vampires, m/m sex and where the heck is life going. Wherever did the old days go? Your stories are wonderful! And what the heck am I doing with Vertigo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I hope the vertigo is better.

    ReplyDelete