My Books!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. After you finish here, you can find me snippets at:


www.wewriwa.com

www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=snippet%20sunday

Here's a blurb and excerpt, and this week we'll be starting with Kurt's POV.

Blurb:
 Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.


Last week Kurt had just told his friend Jason that Susan English gave him a compliment in the faculty lounge.

Jason laughed. “Did she try to have her way with you?” he teased. “I’ve got my share of female admirers, buddy, but something about you drives women wild. Even Mrs. Kirby melts when you go through the lunch line, and everyone knows she’s as tough as nails.”

Kurt grinned. “Susan said she knew I’d tried my best to get the team ready for Middleton.”

“Oh, it was a football compliment. Smart girl.” Jason leered at him. “You still think she’s hot?” 

Buy link: http://amzn.to/1NDgnrg 
 

Yep, I have another new release. You can read Chapter 1 if you scroll back to Thursday's post. This one is romantic comedy which I truly loved writing. 

 

19 comments:

  1. I'd guess that the way to a coach's heart is through his team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...here it comes. He thinks she's hot. :-) She's going to win this bet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, totally boy talk. What is he going to answer to that? Are they also betting on the outcome?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conrats on the release! Awesome dialogue Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conrats on the release! Awesome dialogue Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so alike-always writing and isn't it great. I just began a thriller last night.
    Regarding all the man talk here, I think it's still up for grabs. Let us know, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You still think she's hot?" Great line and snippet. And I think yes, yes he does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She clearly knows what she's doing. Love the banter between the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new release! Great snippet. How can he not think she's hot when she makes football compliments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh, you definitely nailed the obnoxious male comments. Great snippet, Elaine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good dialog, sounds very real to me. This story is certainly interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, small talk can be difficult. Give her a break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great dialogue giving everyone time to mull over all that has happened to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a guy who knows he's catnip to women. They can be so delightfully cocky, and so fun to read and write.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the lunch lady comment! My husband--the math teacher and coach--always used to flirt with the lunch ladies so they'd give him bigger helpings and extra desserts. :-) Love this story!

    ~Joyce Scarbrough

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is taking an interesting turn. Perfect guy talk as well. The bit about the football compliment is spot on. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the new release ... and clever girl talking to him about his team ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd say yes...he still thinks she is hot.

    ReplyDelete