My Books!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sweet Saturday Sample: Forgetting Our Love

Welcome to Sweet Saturday Sample. Today's excerpt comes from an unedited manuscript titled Forgetting Our Love.  In the beginning of the story, my heroine has been in a car wreck that has given her amnesia.  On her first day home from the hospital, her husband and his brother are in the library talking.



Ben slung a pen across his desk.  “She’s afraid of me, Luke.  When she looks at me with fear in her eyes, it’s like she’s stabbing me in the heart.”

            “I guess so,” Luke muttered. 

            “The doctor said that eventually her memory would probably return, but if it does, I still have a problem, don’t I?”

            “I’ve put another detective on it, but so far nothing has turned up.”

            “Isn’t there anything more we can do?”

            Luke shook his head and replaced Ben’s pen in a holder on the desk.  “I can’t think of anything else.  You be careful.  Don’t agree to see anyone alone, and don’t stray away from public areas.”

            “Do you think Jorie will be okay alone?”

            “I …don’t know, Ben.  I wish I had an answer for you, but I don’t.”

7 comments:

  1. Oh, now I am very curious about what is happening....you dropped a few hints and clues that have piqued my interest.

    Here's MY SWEET SATURDAY SAMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more! Sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y u certainly know how to grab a reader's attention, So much going onin this clip and so many unanswered questions. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mystery here. Was it an accident??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Ute, she lost her memory in a car accident. Thanks so much for all of your comments.

    ReplyDelete