My Books!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Beyond the Book: Cat Hair Purses and Dog Hair Sweaters

Welcome to Beyond the Book, a feature that allows readers to find out what their favorite characters are up to after the book ends. My name is Kara Cochrane, and I was Elaine's heroine in Her Kind of Man. I love cats, but I don't know if I'd like to carry a purse made of cat hair. I'm not sure I'd want a sweater made of dog hair either, but to my surprise, you can get both. I saw a video about a pet groomer in Simpsonville, SC who takes hair from long-haired cats that she grooms and makes purses out of it. Some people collect their pet's hair until they have enough for a bag or sweater. I'd love to show you a picture of some sweaters and purses, but I'm afraid I'd be violating copyright, so I'll give you the link instead.  You can watch the video about the purses, and there's a link below to the sweaters. http://www.treehugger.com/style/beautiful-handbags-from-your-cats-fur.html


 Do you remember how Ross took me to see his kittens right before we got married? Here's a quick excerpt in case you've forgotten.


Kara knelt down on the hay and picked up a small, gray kitten whose eyes had barely opened. She giggled when the kitten tried to hiss.

“Would you like to keep him?” Ross asked.

“If he isn’t going to be in the way I would.”

“Consider him a family member.”

Kara stroked the kitten’s little head. Such innocence. “What will you do with the rest of them?”

“Find good homes for them.”

Kara laid the kitten beside its mama, but before she could get to her feet, Ross gave her a little push and toppled her over into the hay. A second later he stretched out beside her.

“What’s your hurry?” He closed his eyes and teased Kara’s lips with his own. “Hold me.”

Kara didn’t mind if she did because Ross felt good in her arms. The fragrant, warm hay that kept her safe from prying, curious eyes gave her a feeling of security. Her arms slipped around Ross who kissed her again.

Rascal here. I'm not sure I like this idea. I can think of some bad things that might happen if people start wearing dog and cat hair clothes.  Luckily, my fur is short. Very short.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment