My Books!

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more snippets at:

http://www.wewriwa.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

We're picking up where we left off last week.


Melissa and Susan strolled slowly toward their cars. Who wanted to go home on such a beautiful afternoon? The crisp, cool weather turned the sky a lovely, deep blue, and the trees blazed in shades of scarlet, orange, and gold. The smell of smoke from burning leaves periodically filled the air.

“Good football weather,” said Melissa. “Are you going to the game tonight?”

Susan frowned. “I guess I should since I made that stupid bet. I wish I’d never done it, but if I cancel now, Robin will think it’s because I can’t get him, and she’ll never let me live it down.” 


“That’s true. 


The Captain and the Cheerleader is available in both print and electronic format at B&N, Amazon, and Create Space.

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Cheerleader-Elaine-Cantrell-ebook/dp/B017HSUIH2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450584448&sr=8-1&keywords=the+captain+and+the+cheerleader

15 comments:

  1. Aw, I'll bet she still has a chance to get the date and win the bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great visual with the sky and the trees. I believe she'll push on and win that bet... much to her delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still wonder why she cares what Robin thinks or do... but it's good that she is going to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan is right of course. Linda will goad her with failure. And Kurt might notice too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan is right of course. Linda will goad her with failure. And Kurt might notice too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with her, there's no turning back now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good use of the sense Elaine. It plunked me down, smack dab in the middle of the scene. I love the premise of this story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, no turning back now. I wonder what will happen at the game? Great fall descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Autumn and you brought me right back to falling leaves now raked up with a back ache here. Just gorgeous description to set the scene and you leave us with a cliff hanger.

    Enjoy the holiday season with your loved ones and my wishes for a happy and healthy New year coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I loved the scene setting too, and I'm usually not a big fan of scenery description. Yours is just right! Love the way the story is progressing too. Great snippet!

    ~Joyce Scarbrough

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I'm glad Susan us starting to have second thoughts. Great snippet, loved the Fall details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely weather, and sad thoughts. Nice contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the description. (Autumn is my favorite season.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The description of a fall day is lovely. And I'm guessing that the game will be full of action that has little to do with football! LOL.
    Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good snippet, especially the description of the weather. It really sets the scene.

    ReplyDelete