My Books!

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors: Never Trust a Pretty Wolf


Welcome to Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors. Today we'll continue to share excerpts from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. On Sunday when you finish here, do go to http://www.wewriwa.blogspot.com for more excerpts from a bunch of great authors.


Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.



Excerpt: 
Chapter One

Last Week

“First, let’s replace the fake diamonds and cover up the hole.”

They did so, taking care to scatter leaves, sticks, and a few small rocks over the freshly dug earth. “Let’s pack it down as much as we can,” Andy grunted.

They also dug several more holes near the edge of the clearing that they didn’t try too hard to hide. The trick wouldn’t fool the other players for long, but any small delay might make the difference between winning and losing.


This week: I've picked up where we left off last week.  


8 comments:

  1. I guess everyone has their own fears. The tight space and spiders would worry me more than snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was a snake, it probably would have bitten him when he stuck his hand in there! But I'm with her - snakes are my one phobia. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But also a perfect place to hide a clue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be worrying about more than snakes! Smart move on his part planting false clues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, he's brave to stick his hand in there without looking first. I'd be worried about snakes and a whole lot of other things too! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snakes or scorpions or a wasps' next or a carnivorous mouse . . . if there is such a thing. Good snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad he's along because there's no way I'd stick my hand into a hole like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't stick my hand in there, no matter how much charity money is on the line! :-) Good snippet!

    ReplyDelete