My Books!

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors




Welcome to Saturday Sample and Weekend Writing Warriors. Today we'll continue to share excerpts from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. On Sunday when you finish here, do go to http://www.wewriwa.blogspot.com for more excerpts from a bunch of great authors.


Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.



Excerpt: 
Chapter One

Last Week

“You can wait here if you like.”

Was that a smile on his face? Liesel hesitated, but pride spurred her on. She refused to give Andy Bryce the satisfaction of thinking she was a coward. “No, I’ll go too. I don’t want to wait out here.”

Andy squeezed into the opening first. “I don’t see any snakes, but I don’t see the coordinates either. Come on in. It’s bigger than it looks once you get inside.”


This week: I've picked up where we left off last week.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh, good. I'm glad it was a clue. I wonder where this one will lead them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tricky! The person who set this all up (and you) are quite creative on the clues and everything else! Enjoyed the snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can certainly tell she's not comfortable with enclosed places. Glad the coordinates were close to the entrance. Very cool scavenger hunt/geocaching clues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bit about shoving him out of the cave is a nice touch. On the one hand, it demonstrates her eagerness to leave. On the other hand, it also demonstrates that the barriers between them are tumbling like Jericho, because she's willing to touch him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious to know where the clue will lead them. I could feel her urgency to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad they've figured out another clue. And I'm curious where this next one will lead them.

    ReplyDelete