My Books!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Hello!  Thanks for dropping by.  I appreciate your feedback very much.  Today's excerpt comes from my Christmas story The Table in the Window.  Astraea Press is publishing it, and they say it'll be out on Black Friday if all goes well.  The cover is only a proof.  In this excerpt, my hero who works at a restaurant finally gets the chance to talk to the girl he's admired for a year.


“Uh, is there anything else?” she asked.
He smiled at her.  “My shift’s over.  If I’m not bothering you, I wondered if you’d like some company for lunch.”  His eyes twinkled.  “In case you’re wondering, you’re the first customer I’ve made that offer to.”

9 comments:

  1. very sweet! Definitely would like to read more to see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute sample.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a server at a local Peets coffee who I'd love to have make the same offer to me. :-) Sweet six.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooked me enough to want more...plus I love anything Christmas related. Good job, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone who stopped by. I value your comments more than you know. I invite all of you to stop by the Save a Turkey Gobble a Book blog hop. One of the prizes is a copy of The Table in the Window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome six, Elaine! Makes me anxious for Christmas! I look forward to seeing what you have for us next Sunday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete