My Books!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Beyond the Book: Food From the Fifties

Welcome to another edition of Beyond the Book, Elaine’s way of keeping you in touch with her characters long after the book is finished. My name is Liesel Wolf. I was Elaine’s heroine in Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. I live with my husband and our sweet little girl in a home built in 1955. It looked so retro that I got interested in the 1950’s and decided I’d share a recipe from the fifties with you. What do you think? Will you try it? Meatloaf was a fifties favorite. I’ll be back next week to talk a little more about the fifties, so if you don't like meatloaf, I'll find something else for you.

Meatloaf

2 lbs. ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs

1/2 cup diced green bell pepper

1 pack dry onion soup mix

6 ozs. tomato ketchup

½ cup milk

 Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients well and turn into a baking dish. Cook for an hour. Times vary greatly depending on your oven.


Picture:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Meatloaf.jpg

Note from Elaine: I tried this, and it was pretty good. Better use ground chuck instead of regular hamburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment