My Books!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Stop Animal Cruelty


Hello and welcome to Beyond the Book, Elaine’s way of keeping you up to date on what her characters are doing after the book ends. My name is Kara Cochrane, and I was Elaine’s heroine in Her Kind of Man. My husband and I own a dairy farm, so we are responsible for large numbers of animals. Naturally, we have more cows than anything, but we also have chickens, pigs, cats, and dogs. We will never, even if we live to be a hundred, understand how people can abuse animals. We’re kind of glad we don’t understand it. If you understood it, you’d be as sick and depraved as the ones who’d do it.

Some people haven’t ever been around abused animals. They have no idea how animals suffer. Just look at these little faces and tell me how someone could starve them to the point they’re just a skeleton or drag them behind a vehicle until their skin is rubbed off and their bare flesh is bouncing off the hard pavement.



Since April is Animal Cruelty Awareness month, I challenge you to look animal cruelty in the face and see what it really means. Go here and see if your heart doesn't bleed. Then, try to find ways you can help educate others and make the lives of suffering animals better. Beware, though. The pictures and videos are graphic and terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment