My Books!

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Beyond the Book: The Sentence


Is anyone happy for October besides me? I’m looking forward to pretty colors and cooler weather, and I do love all the fall decorations. I couldn’t think of anything profound to share with you so I decided I’d just share an excerpt from my novel The Sentence. I hope you enjoy it. The book is available at Amazon.

Blurb:

Has her father totally lost his mind?  How could he bring the man who burned the church into their home for six months?  Yeah, it was an accident and her dad’s a minister, but if he wanted to help Clint Hayes, why didn’t he go to the prison to do it?  And no matter what her friend Christina says, she isn’t interested in Clint!

Excerpt: 

His warm, firm lips came down on hers with an intensity that took her breath away. Rachel never even thought to stop him. Actually, she couldn’t think at all. She had never been kissed this way before. By the time he turned her loose, her breath came in gasps, and she felt flushed and shaky. So this was what her father worried about! She’d never felt this way when Josh kissed her.

Now what did she do? Did she run away, slap him, or…or…

Clint settled the issue by kissing her again. This time Rachel fully participated. His lips felt so ….good, so warm…so…exciting….on hers. Her knees trembled. She could feel every muscle in his chest.

With a gasp, she tore out of his arms. “Don’t do that!”

“Don’t do what?”

Rachel’s eyes stretched wide. “Don’t…don’t…kiss me like that!”

The corners of Clint’s mouth turned up in a little grin. “Then tell me how you want me to kiss you.”

“I don’t!” Rachel gasped as her hand flew to her face.

“That’s not the impression I got.”

“You…you…you…” Rachel couldn’t articulate a single thought.

“Are you asking for another kiss?”

Hope you enjoyed the excerpt!


No comments:

Post a Comment