My Books!

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Beyond the Book: Yellowstone Heart Stone



Blurb: 

“I am not good with words, but you make my heart sing, Aimee…”

Nurse and avid backpacker Aimee Donovan is offered the opportunity of a lifetime. She encounters a patient who tells her he is a time traveler and can send her two hundred years into the past to spend three months in the rugged Yellowstone wilderness at the dawn of the mountain man era. The only requirement: she cannot tell anyone that she’s from the future. 

How did a white woman suddenly appear in the remote Rocky Mountain wilderness? Trapper Daniel Osborne’s first instinct is to protect this mysterious and unconventional woman from the harsh realities of his mountains. While he fights his growing attraction to her, he is left frustrated by her lies and secrecy. 

Daniel shows Aimee a side of Yellowstone she’s never experienced. She is torn between her feelings for him, and exposing a secret that will destroy everything he holds as truth. As her three months come to an end, she is faced with a dilemma: return to her own time, or stay with the man who opened her eyes to a whole new world. When the decision is made for her, both their lives will be changed forever.

My Review

Aimee Donavon doesn’t believe in time travel until the moment she wakes up in Yellowstone National Park in the year 1810. She sees things no modern human ever will, but she also encounters problems she never expected. She is saved from death by Daniel Osborne who doesn’t know what to make of her. Daniel’s father is the one who sent Aimee back in time, and since he asked Aimee not to say anything, she lies to Daniel about her presence in Yellowstone.

Of course eventually Aimee must go home, but what about Daniel? They have strong feelings for each other. 

I liked both Aimee and Daniel. Both were strong characters who knew what they wanted. I also enjoyed the sense of place the author created. I confess that I’d like to see the Yellowstone she describes. I like time travel so this book was right up my alley. It’s a nice romance that I’m glad I took the time to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment