My Books!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Beyond the Book: The Captain and the Cheerleader


Hello, and welcome to Beyond the Book. I've been sharing excerpts from The Captain and the Cheerleader. I'm picking up where I left off last week. Robin Lanford who's a royal pain in the butt just bet Susan English that she couldn't get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach. Some of the other faculty members also got in on the bet. Kurt showed up and Susan asked about the football game later that night. Kurt went to be with the football players before the game. He told his friend Jason that Susan had given him a compliment, and Jason reminded him that he already had a girl named Aleisha Childs. Kurt isn't sure if it's serious between them. He is about to lose his Friday night ball game when a boy interrupted him. The boy had a football play from Susan that won the game for him. Kurt is pondering that play when Alicia calls and cancels their date for that night.

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

EXCERPT:
Kurt’s call came around lunchtime on Saturday. Susan had been waiting since nine, but when she answered the phone she tried to sound surprised to hear from him.

“Susan, it’s Kurt Deveraux. I was calling to thank you for your help last night. Without your play we would’ve lost.”

“Oh, you’re welcome. I was glad I could do something; I like to see the Mavericks win.” Susan bit her lip to keep from laughing. Bet anything she knew where this conversation was going.


“Yeah, I’ve seen you at a couple of games,” he said. “I know it’s short notice, but if you aren’t busy tonight, I’d really enjoy it if you’d go to a party with me. I’ve been told there’ll be dancing.”

“Who’s giving a party?”

“You wouldn’t know him,” Kurt answered. Susan heard the smile in his voice even over the phone.

“Well, I’d love to go anyway. What time will you pick me up? Do you know where I live?”

“I’ll pick you up around seven. Be sure to wear something casual. This won’t be anything real fancy. Tell me where you live.” 


Please look at the right sidebar for a great offer from the publisher of The Captain and the Cheerleader. 

Buy link: http://amzn.to/1NDgnrg

No comments:

Post a Comment