My Books!

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Yes, I Have


Have you revisited an old favorite book/movie? How did it change for you as you got older?

As far as movies go, I love them, but I don’t watch them very much now. My husband is not much of a movie person so we usually find something else to do besides watch a movie.

So what about books? I suppose I read the books that had the biggest impression on me when I was young and impressionable. I was a voracious reader. My mother loved reading. Every Friday she carried us to the library where we all checked out some books. I read all types of things. I was fond of some classics like those by Louisa May Alcott. I loved Black Beauty. In fact, if it was horse related you could count on me liking it. I loved Beverly Cleary. Now that woman can write! Another book that I really enjoyed was The Sherwood Ring.

Which ones did I read again? As an adult I read Little Women, all of the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary, and The Sherwood Ring. Truly I have to say that I found them just as enthralling as I did as a child. My comprehension was different as an adult, but I must have read some quality stuff because they still inspired me and seemed relevant.

Do I feel this way about every book I ever read? No, of course not. Even as a young reader there were many books that I wouldn’t have cared to revisit. The same thing is true today as well. Truly I’ve read a lot of books, and most of them I wouldn’t want to revisit.

How about you? Do you have a few books that you think are worth reading again? I have a special shelf on the bookcase for those special ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment