My Books!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

MFRW'S Home For The Holidays Blog Hop: Rob Has a Secret

;
 
Some years ago my husband and I moved far away from our hometown. As Christmas drew near, we gleefully packed our bags and headed home. What a time we had!  Everything seemed fresh and new to us even though the ornaments were familiar, the food old family favorites, and the jokes ones we’d heard before. When I think of that Christmas, I still get a warm feeling, and if it were possible, I’d go back and do it all over again.
Sometimes, though, a trip home doesn’t work out exactly how you think it’s going to. In this excerpt from The Table in the Window, my hero took my heroine home to meet his grandmother.

“Are you Rob’s grandmother on his mother or father’s side of the family?” she asked when Rob went to get G-ma’s homemade pumpkin pie and whipped cream.
“I’m his father’s mother.”
“I just wondered.” She tilted her head and thought for a moment. “Actually, Rob hasn’t said much about his family.”
The merry expression in G-ma’s eyes dimmed, replaced by something Marley could only define as dread. “You should ask Rob about his family. I thought he’d probably already told you about them.” She laughed lightly. “What has that boy told you about himself?”
Now that she thought about it, the answer was…absolutely nothing. Rob had told her nothing.

Now why would G-ma have a look of dread on her face? Does Rob have a secret? If you’re interested in The Table in the Window, you can get it at http://www.amazon.com/The-Table-Window-Elaine-Cantrell-ebook/dp/B006GYAQ26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386633402&sr=8-1&keywords=the+table+in+the+window+by+elaine+cantrell  and at most online retail outlets.




5 comments:

  1. Meeting the family for the first time always filled me with nerves. Love the cover!

    Melissa
    daringzoey at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make you wonder what's going on with Rob's family and Rob that he hasn't told her much about them...Thanks for the snippet

    junegirl63 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic! Loving it! Thank you! Happy holidays!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete