My Books!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Snippet Sunday

Welcome to Snippet Sunday. I'm glad you're here. Did you have a nice holiday?  I hope so. When you're finished here, you can find more snippets at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/.

This excerpt takes place on Christmas morning.

Kathryn got into the shower while visions of Hank, not sugarplums, danced in her head. No surprise there. She thought about him all the time. Did he ever wear a shirt in bed? He hadn't the night before last when they'd slept together. Well, not slept together in the usual sense...oh, never mind. She had no business thinking about Hank Lovinggood's night wear, much less his chest.

Well, why wouldn’t she think about it? Hank didn’t know a thing about physics, but he’d left her breathless this morning. A dead woman would have noticed a nice, muscular, bare chest like his.

Blurb:

"First Lady Kills President Lovinggood"

December 29, 2018

 

Thirty years later Hank Lovinggood embarks on a quest to prove his mother's innocence and punish the killers who took his family from him.  Together Hank and lovely physicist Kathryn Sinclair confront an implacable, twisted, merciless enemy who'll do whatever it takes to hide the truth forever. 
 
 
buy link:

http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1171&zenid=883b9bda4c52a391c32c59f5e118a742
 

11 comments:

  1. I love that that her love of physics lost to her appreciation of his chest! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's sleeping together and then there's "sleeping together"...

    Maybe he doesn't know physics, but he's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun excerpt, feel sorry for her that they were only "sleeping" together, if he's so hot. Really enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he must be something if he would make the dead come alive ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! I love her. She's a charmer for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LIKE the premise, Elaine! Another Cantrell I must read! :-) I like your sweet romances and this one reads like it's right on par with how good the others I've read have been.

    My holiday was good. Busy. Worked a lot of hours I don't normally do, so there were things I just didn't get done--like making cutout cookies. I'll make them for Valentine's Day.

    I hope you have a wonderful New Year's holiday--and that you have much success in 2014! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved her train of thought. Now I'm thinking about him, too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this glimpse into her random thoughts as she's in the shower. Hank sounds very sexy--I can see why she's thinking about him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He sounds dreamy. I'm thinking about him too. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great snippet. Very realistic the way the mind goes back and forth when it is befuddled about what the hear is doing. Well done!

    (I'm catching up from holiday week. :) )

    ReplyDelete