My Books!

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Snippet Sunday: Blue 52

Welcome to Snippet Sunday. My excerpt today is from Blue 52 which releases today from Whiskey Creek Press. If you'd like to tweet that or post it on FB I'd be super thrilled. I hope you'll all come back on Tuesday for my release party. I'll be giving something away and sharing my first chapter with you. For today, I'm sharing the first time my hero and heroine meet. 


"My secretary told me that you wanted to talk to me about a crime," he said as he seated himself behind his desk, unconsciously smoothing his tie and sitting up straight.

"That’s right, I do." She didn’t wait for him to prompt her to tell her story. "The crime was committed a long time ago, but there’s no statute of limitations on murder, right?"

Hank nodded. "You want to talk to me about a murder?"

"Oh, yes. A man and his wife were brutally murdered, and the murderers framed the wife to take the blame." Dr. Sinclair paused to take a sip of her coffee. "Their names were Lovinggood."

That's quite a statement considering that she's talking about my hero Hank's parents!  Here's a blurb and after that a buy link.  


"First Lady Kills President Lovinggood"

December 29, 2018

 
Thirty years later Hank Lovinggood embarks on a quest to prove his mother's innocence and punish the killers who took his family from him.  Together Hank and lovely physicist Kathryn Sinclair confront an implacable, twisted, merciless enemy who'll do whatever it takes to hide the truth forever. 



http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=blue+52


Find more lovely authors and their excerpts at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

 


10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the release! (And I love the reveal... I can just imagine Hank spitting his coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Does she knows she is talking about his parents?
    I can't wait to see his reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Wow---does she know who he is? Did he change his name after the murder?

    This is so cool, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This snippet made me want to know what his reaction is. Surely, she knows she's talking about his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This story has such an interesting premise! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She does know she's talking about his parents. Thanks for all of your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine Hank is a shocked! Great set up and reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, great set up! I'm also dying to know his reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good snippet! Surely she knows they are his parents she's talking about?? Oh my, the questions in my mind. Guess I'll have to read it to get my answers. :-) Good 8, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete